Government News -
Tuesday, 18 May 2010 15:38
MANHATTAN – Adrian J. Polansky, state executive director of USDA's Kansas Farm Service Agency reminds producers of the following program deadlines.
* June 1: Final date to enroll in the 2010 Average Crop Revenue Election Program and the Direct and Countercyclical Program. USDA will not accept any late-file applications.
* May 31: Final date to request a marketing assistance loan or loan deficiency payment for 2009-crop cotton, feed grains, soybeans and minor oilseeds. Since this date is on a holiday, producers have until June 1 to file a request.
* May 31: Final date to report small grain acreages. Since this date is on a holiday, producers have until June 1 to file a report.
* June 15: To remain eligible for 2009 and 2010 payments, producers must properly complete a CCC-927 for individuals and a CCC-928 for entities and mail the form to IRS-USDA, P.O. Box 24033, Fresno, CA 93779 so it is received by June 15, 2010. Do not submit the form to FSA. For IRS to accept the form, the following must be completed: producer's name and address used on tax return, tax identification number, mark the boxes for 2009 and 2010, signature of person that belongs to tax ID, and date the form with the current date. Only one person or one entity per form - multiple persons must submit multiple forms. You can obtain the form at the local FSA county office or on-line at www.fsa.usda.gov.
* Producers with livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by adverse weather must file a Notice of Loss within 30 days of when loss is apparent. Proper documentation of loss must be provided.
* Signup for Supplemental Revenue Assistance is continuing for 2008-crop losses.
* Ongoing programs include Direct and Guaranteed Farm Operating and Farm Ownership Loans, Farm Storage Facility Loans, Milk Income Loss Contract Program, and Continuous Conservation Reserve Program.